Delivering Powerful & Effective Presentations
A great presentation does not just happen. It is planned, rehearsed then delivered with flair. A good presenter is one who learns the skills of presentations – not one who hopes for talent to carry them. Public speaking is a set of skills not a talent. You can be a good presenter if you learn the skills for presentation success. In this course, participants will master the skills and build the confidence that will make them a better speaker and presenter.
Suitable for anyone requires to make impactful presentations in the course of work.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to acquire skill sets to:-
Plan and prepare presentation
Gain rapport with your audience
Recognise how visual aids can create impact and attention
Create a professional presence
Deliver with skills and confidence
1. Getting started: 9 Presentation Sins
· How many can you relate to?
· How you can avoid them?
2. Key fundamentals about Presentation
· Human Insight #1: How people learn.
· Human Insight #2: How we retain information
· The Communication Model
· The 3 Vs
3. Controlling your jitters
· Root cause of fear of public speaking.
· Techniques to overcome nervousness and fear
4. Planning your Presentation
· Finding an Opening
- How to use an effective opening (or your audience will tune out from the start)
- Relate opening to the central theme.
- Keep opening brief but impactful
- Elements of an effective opening
- Types of openings
· Structuring the Body
- The Central theme
- Purpose of the presentation
- Maintaining the flow
- Keeping the logic
- Making it relevant for the audience
- The 3 Ts
· Powerful Close
- How to close off with a powerful ending
- Types of closing and the effects
5. Factors of the Presenter
· Voice factor
· Making sure you are sending out the right message through your body language
· Techniques to create a professional presence.
6. Using energy level to control the presentation
· How to use energy to develop enthusiasm in your audience
· How to vocal skills to add energy.
· How to use body language to add energy
7. Engaging your audience
· Building rapport with the audience
· Maintaining dialogue with audience
· Engagement through the 5 senses
8. Using visual aids to create impact and attention
· Key points about using PowerPoint
· 13 PowerPoint sins you must avoid
9. Adding punch to your presentation
· How to improve your presentation from a 2D script to a 3D dimension.
· An invaluable list of tools to inject fun, humor, interest, participation and diversion to bring your presentation to life, and to keep your audience attentive and enjoy themselves.
10. The importance difference between jokes and humor and when to use them
11. The power of the Pause and when to use it
12. Your Presentation
· To reinforce the learning points, participants will prepare and present a short presentation which will be recorded for review by the participants. Participants will also evaluate each other and provide constructive feedback
A balanced use of mini lectures, practices and peer learning are used to assist participants to sharpen their presentation effectiveness. Practices and role plays would be emphasised.
Date : 5 & 6 May 2016
22 & 23 Sep 2016
Time : 9 am to 5 pm
Course Fees : S$899.00 (no GST)
Course Duration : 2 days
10% Early Bird Discount or 20% Group Discount
Productivity & Innovation Credit (PIC) claimable